Thursday, April 25, 2013

DIETING?! UGHH.

I don't normally like the term "diet" and I usually do not participate in "diets" as I feel that the term seems like a temporary idea. I usually just choose to live a healthy lifestyle. 

Howeverrrrrrr.... more often then not, I experience frustrating symptoms that I cannot seem to get rid of. Fatigue, brain fog (spaciness), bloating, cramping, extreme cravings, to name a few. All of these interrupt my super exciting life on a day to day basis and I'm pretty sick of it.

My hair stylist told me about the Virgin Diet, a book written by JJ Virgin. It is basically an 8 week diet that revolves around the top 7 most common food allergens: Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Eggs, Peanuts, Corn, and Sugar/Artificial Sweeteners. For 3 weeks you eliminate these 7 foods completely from your diet. After the 3 weeks, you reintroduce them one at a time to see how your body reacts and discover what you are intolerant to and what causes most of these symptoms.

I see it, not only as a way to get healthier and hopefully get rid of my symptoms. but also as a HUGE test of will. If you know me at all, you know I have pretty low self control when it comes to food. This is the perfect way to prove to myself that I am strong enough to pass up the potato chips and dessert!!

Tonight was my first test! I declined cheese and crackers (one of my faves), chips and french onion dip (YUMM!), and a pinwheel wrap which looked delish. I'm so proud and I'm even more motivated!!! The cravings are rough but I'm thinking after day 3 they'll get better.

Day 1:
Breakfast - The Virgin Diet breakfast shake
Snack - Lara Bar and natural apple sauce
Lunch - Spinach and quinoa salad loaded with non-starchy veggies
Snack - Lara Bar (I indulged and had another...), a few almonds, fresh fruit
Dinner - Tilapia pan fried with garlic powder and cayenne pepper, sauteed aparagus and 1/2 a sweet potato!

To stay focused and keep track of what I'm eating, I will be posting my daily progress! Feel free to join me on this fun little project! :)

<3 Lo

For more info on the diet...
http://thevirgindiet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment