Monday, April 29, 2013

Failing diets and getting attacked by tents....a strange Sedona weekend.

Feeling somewhat disappointed in myself that I had a HUGE cheat day yesterday. I really didn't have much of a choice though, unless I wanted to starve all day....and I ain't about that life!!!

I woke up in my Sedona hotel, excited about our $35 room credit that I was about to blow on breakfast in bed! Then of course, not a single thing on the menu, besides a fruit plate, worked for my diet. So I ordered the fruit plate and it held me over...for about 20 minutes. So one of my beautiful teammates gave me her fruit plate....I ate  A LOT of fruit. Wasn't feeling too hot after that...

We get to our event and I'm about to pass out I'm so hungry (It's about 1pm at this point and I have still only had fruit). Our contact offered us lunch and of course I jumped right on it. We walk into the banquet room.....PIZZA! I didn't even care. Scarfed 3 pieces. You can only imagine how I felt afterwards. I could barely move lol LOSE - LOSE.

3 hours into the event, we were in the home stretch, we were walking from the golf course back to our table. So Sedona has the big cotton trees everywhere and there was a slight breeze so there were pieces of cotton flying around everywhere, super wierd. Well, as we walked back the breeze picked up and all of a sudden this pop up tent covering a table of food, started moving with the wind but away from us towards the golf course. All within like 5 seconds, the wind shifts and all of the cotton starts to swirl like a twister and the pop up tent gets picked up by the wind and THROWN directly at us, knocking three of us to the ground. I opened my eyes to see the top of the tent and had a panic attack clawing my way out from underneath it. I get up on both feet, my teammate following me, while many of the employees spring to grab the tent and pick it up. Mind you, the wind is still actin' a fool so the tent is fighting them back. Then we realized that one of our own was still underneath the tent, not getting up.

It was a huge ordeal and quite a frightening one. The ambulance arrived and transported myself (uninjured) and my injured teammate, Emily, to the emergency room. A CT scan, 3 x-rays, and a few hours later, we leave the hospital (with the exception of Emily who was kept overnight with her Fiance), all of us just dumbfounded at the days events.

Emily is doing better, no serious injuries that we know of yet, just in a lot of pain! Keep her in your thoughts!

Safe to say it was a day for the books. As far as the diet goes...I'm starting over today! YAY! Wish me luck!

<3 Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment